SBA Pre-qualified 20-Year-Old Library Resource Business | 77 Year-Old Owner Retiring

  • REVENUE

    $198,744

  • INCOME

    $81,598

  • MULTIPLE

    3.86x

Asking Price: $315,000Sold

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Started in 2003, this business sells essential products to schools and libraries. Its straightforward business model is strengthened by an excellent reputation and high-quality products. Their sales are comprised of 75% proprietary products, with the remaining 25% generated through a royalty agreement with two international companies. While not used for marketing purposes, the business currently sources all of its products from the US, allowing for minimal inventory requirements and short lead times. The products are simple to manufacture and could easily be sourced from China to increase margins or marketed as “made in the USA.”

In 2020, the business was significantly impacted by COVID-19 as all schools and libraries were closed, with sales dropping by 48%. With zero paid marketing, digital or otherwise, the business bounced back and is up 65% in 2022. In their 70s and approaching retirement, the sellers have tried to keep the business at a manageable level and have not invested in growth. They have yet to explore selling on Amazon. Additional opportunities include revamping the very much out-of-date website, email marketing, social media, and attending industry trade shows.

Following their two decades of success, the husband-and-wife owners have decided to retire. They currently operate the business with no employees or contractors and put in about 30 hours per week each, working only 3-4 days per week. This time commitment could easily be reduced by hiring hourly warehouse staff. The business is not geographically dependent and could easily be relocated as the owners work from a home office and utilize 375 square feet of nearby self-storage space. The business is easy to run, and the owners are willing to train the buyers and provide post-sale closing support.

This business has sold :-(

The business you're looking at is no longer on the market. Sign up below to receive instant notifications about new listings directly to your inbox.

Meet Your Advisor

Chuck Mullins

Chuck Mullins

Chuck built his first profitable website in 1996 at 18 years old. In college, he studied computer software engineering which taught him the skills to analyze search results and implement strategies that took advantage of the observations he made. Throughout his career of developing, managing, consulting, and investing in internet-based companies, Chuck has developed a keen ability to spot opportunities and develop strategies that lead to growth and profitability.

Thinking of Selling Now or Later?

Get your free valuation & marketplace-readiness assessment. We’ll never push you to sell. And we’ll always be honest about whether or not selling is the right choice for you.

Icon
Icon

You might also like

Efficient Online Jewelry Business | 20 Year Track Record | No Experience Necessary | Low Multiple
$595,000

Revenue: $1,183,859

Income: $263,897

Icon/Simple/Amazon-fba Created with Sketch.

Amazon FBA

SBA Prequalified | 7 Year-Old Blue-Collar Workwear Brand w/38% Net Margins | Growth Opportunities
$4,600,000

Revenue: $4,413,859

Income: $1,704,289

Icon/Simple/Ecommerce Created with Sketch.

E-Commerce

7 Year Old Arts And Crafts Subscription Business With 44 Courses and 2,500+ Paid Subscribers
$378,750

Revenue: $280,416

Income: $172,157